Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Music Mania 2008: Day 1

OK, so before I start off, I have a new thing here at BB Times, and it's called Music Mania! Every year, a few days before summer vacation starts, I'm going to start this, and every day I will post the Music Mania song of the day. This year's theme is "Summer Girl Songs", so listen up, gals! The song of the days will have a link to the video (or at least the music), along with the lyrics. Awesome, or what? Since MM 2008's theme is "Summer Girl Songs", what better to start off with a song actually called "Summer Girl"? (NB: MM may appeal more to country fans, since my line-up for this year is all country. But seriously, all of these songs are really good, and y'all should hear them anyway--or at least read the lyrics!)

Summer Girl~Jessica Andrews

Other MMs will have the whole lyrics, but since I myself don't really care for it (it's the music I like!), I'm just going to post the chorus and the rap/bridge (my favorite part) here.

Chorus:
'Cause I'm just a summer girl
I wear my flip flops
When I let my hair down
That's when the party starts
Who needs a boyfriend
I got my girl friends
When we get together
The summer never ends
Yeah yeah, oh oh oh

Rap/Bridge:
Everybody needs a little bit of sunshine
Everybody needs time to unwind
Everybody's got to have a good time
(I'm just a summer girl)
Everybody get up on your feet
Everybody got to shake your body
Everybody got a right to be free
(I'm just a summer girl)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)
(Oh, oh, oh, oh)

No comments: