Sunday, May 18, 2008

Something I Noticed...

Song in My Head: "Lookin' for a Good Time" by Lady Antebellum (w00t!! They're awesome!)

Something I've noticed lately is that....most things (mind that I wrote the word "MOST") that I first think that I'm going to totally HATE I end up getting OBSESSED with. Weird, huh? So I decided to make a little list of those things. I put them in chronological order that I got obsessed with them. ;-)

1. Harry Potter: OK...so, I really did not like it at all. Honestly, the books came out when I was 4, and I started reading chapter books a couple years later, but...I think if my mom hadn't bought the books just because, I don't think I'd ever pick them up even when I was able to read them. (sorry if that didn't make any sense) Look at me now: I'm freakishly obsessed with HP; I've memorized the HP trio's full names (including middle name), as well as their b-days. *roll*

2. Country music: Yep, this is on the list, too. Well, when I was little, my mom would say how much she didn't like country, so I just agreed with her just because she was my mom. What I didn't know was that LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live" and Faith Hill's "Breathe" and "This Kiss" were country (and I loved those songs when I was little!). So...now, as you probably know, I love, love, love, love country music like crazy.

3. iPods and iTunes: Even in 6th and 7th grade, I had a little grudge against peoples with iPods. Until I got my first two years ago. And then...the rest is history! :-)

4. Shannon Hale (more specifically, PA): Well, I think it's just easier if you read this explanation (read Ch. 3) then me to retell the whole story. :-?

5. LRRH: Seriously, guys, I have a confession to make: I did not like LRRH at all when I first went on. Honest to goodness. I dunno why, I guess when I clicked the PA subforum, the whole thing seemed too whacked out to me (I know what y'all are gonna say: "speak for yourself!"), and all the siggie pics were all new to me. That was in Nov 2007. A few weeks later, I went on again, and I liked it better and better each time I went on (OK, well the Great Crash of 2008 prevented me from going on for a week or so) until I finally decided to join. Maybe I'm just a little obsessed with it.... ;-) Well, I've made terrific friends on the forum, and I feel so totally lucky to be an LRRHer, where geeks rule the world! muahahahahahah :-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how so many things are like that. It goes to show that likes and dislikes are more developed tastes, and you can realy learn to like a lot of things.

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

Yeah; when I told my mom about that, she said, "That's b/c you need to try more things!" Of course, not w/ food...I'm really picky. ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is like that, though. :)

Madison said...

*raises hand* I'm like that too.

I thought I'd hate:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. It's my favorite movie.

The Lord of the Rings. It's like amazingly awesome.

The Goose Girl. All right. So I thought it looked okay when I borrowed it from the library. I wasn't expecting it would be so amazing.

Josh Groban. *rolls eyes* Silly me. ;)

And gah! You didn't like LRRH at first?! BB! Blasphemy! jk; we are a little frightening, aren't we? We're only getting worse, I think. ;)

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

LRRH...yeah, I didn't like it at first. It scared me. Everyone had siggie pics that were kinda new to me, and it was just overall...strange. Yup, we are getting worse. (note that I said WE: including me) ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I'd like Harry Potter or Shannon Hale either. And then I actually read the books. *boom* 'Twas love at third sight.