Sunday, June 29, 2008

All Aboard!

Whoo! Thursday was tons of fun. My mom and I went on a train ride nearly all day long to get to my grandma's house (she lives about an hour away) and back home. First, at around 9 in the morning, my dad dropped us off at the train station on his way to work. Then we went on 2 trains to get to my grandma's and another 2 trains back home. It was awesome! On the way to my grandma's, we even got an ocean view! Then my great-cousin (whom I call my aunt) picked us up and we had lunch with her and my grandma. It was a long, long day, but very cool (and yes, I did pack three different bks, even though I hardly got to read much--it was too exciting! I brought TGG, Mia, and Wildwood Dancing). Any train stories from y'all?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got a train story...
Let's see... I was about ten and my sister was fifteen. Well, my family was taking an overnight train trip from Virginia to Florida. The car we were in was rather empty. There were about three other familes and a few other couples. Everybody sat at the front of the car.

It was close to midnight and my sister and I were giggling quietly, being ridiculous. Then we noticed that there was a lone person sitting in the very back of the car. It was too dark to see his face, so that made it twice as freaky. To keep ourselves from getting scared, we gave him a name (Fergus) and made up a whole history for him. (I think he was a freelance reporter who was an olympic swimmer on the side.)

We actually got to see his face in the morning. When we saw him, we immediately dissolved into giggles. He looked at us like we were the strangest things he'd ever seen. (We probably were.) Then I did the unthinkable. I said, "Bye, Fergus. Win a gold medal for me in the 2004 Olympics."

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

Wow and soil, Ani Isilee! *lol smilie* Did he hear you say that?

Merissa said...

That's so funny, Ani Isilee! :D

I love trains. I've only ever been on them in China, but the Chinese ones rock, especially when it's an overnight and you get to sleep on the bunk beds. Especially when you climb up and down by rope ladders! Totally awesome.

So that's not really a story, but whatever. It's a memory, still.

Anonymous said...

Yes, he did hear me. Perhaps he even still remembers me as the girl with braided pigtails who called him Fergus... :)

spider said...

Wow, Ani Isilee. That's really funny.

I'm afraid I've only been on a train once, and it was a very short trip.

That sounds like a fun day, BB.