Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ditzy Chronicles Part 2: The Alarm Clock

It's 2:30 at night. I've been trying to fall asleep for over half an hour, now. Suddenly, I think I hear something. Something like...drums. Beating. Very LOUD. I ran through what this was all about. Either: (1) some wacko decided to play his drums really loud or (2) there are robbers outside our house with the punk rock radio station turned up all the way that I can hear it from my room. I guess that number one may not be it, but number two is probable. So here I am, laying in bed, freaking out that there are robbers outside our house (yes, punk-rock-listening robbers). I cup my ear, afraid, but I listen. And listen. And listen. And before I know it, I recognize a song. It wasn't a punk rock song. It was a country song. Not just ANY song. A Rascal Flatts song. Great. I recognized it b/c I've heard it so much on the radio in the car. I listen closely. The song ends. Now I think either one of two things is possible: (1) the robbers like country music or (2) I'm delusional. Soon, I hear another song, one that was the Blake Shelton version of "Home".* WAIT A SECOND!! First off, I'm not delusional, since I hadn't yet heard his version of it, and secondly...it was my alarm clock radio. Great.

The ditzy part? I don't know how to use my alarm clock. Sad, yes. My alarm clock is pretty old, and I still don't know how to work it out. Finally, I figured it out, so after I got out of the shower a few minutes ago...well, I turned on the radio and listened to some country. Yep! And, yes, I was able to successfully turn it off.

*I knew this b/c (1) my mom owns the original "Home" by Michael Buble on her iPod (she wanted me to buy the song for her for Christmas a couple yrs ago) and (2) I subscribe to Country Weekly. YES, it is a country music magazine. *sigh* What can I say? Give me books, the Internet, and country music and I'm set to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"or (2) there are robbers outside our house with the punk rock radio station turned up all the way that I can hear it from my room."

Well, I've heard that punk rock is very popular among robbers, so that seems like a logical conclusion to me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

HA! So I am NOT the only person who can't set an alarm clock!

Jacqueline (bookbutterfly) said...

spider: That's true. :D Though it's less probable that they'd turn it up before trying to "secretly" break in to a house, you know what I mean?

TRG: Yay for people who can't use alarm clocks! :P ;)